Janome machines are well known as simple and reliable. Serging Simplified. Every project is easier with the right tools for the job, and the AirThread 2000D provides all the tools you need to deliver professional quality finishing.
- 2/3/4-thread overlock stitch, elastic and durable on each material;
- by removing one needle, you can make a 3-thread narrow or wide stitch without any additional adjustment;
- beatiful roller stitch, easy to use and does not require any special settings or knowledge;
- high quality motor and pedal assembly (YDK);
- adjustment of differential material supply for stretching or compressing fabric;
- bright lighting;
- the retractable knife makes it possible to sew without cutting;
- quick-change system for changing the presser foot;
- when raising the presser foot, the thread tension is released, to thread the new thread you need to tie old with new and pull it through the system - very simple!
- excellent quality assurance;
- Janome One-Push Air Threading System;
- lay-in threading;
- built-in needle threader;
- the built-in one-step converter makes changing from 3-thread to 2-thread applications easier than ever;
- powerful 8 piece feed dog;
- parts made of sturdy equipment durability.
Machine set includes:
- standard/universal presser foot;
- a set of needles (KL24 recommends using the specially developed HAx1SP needle for overlockers);
- nets for slippery and strongly twisted threads;
- spool holders;
- trim bin.
Additional accessories (not included):
- blind stitch foot;
- gathering foot;
- elasticator foot;
- cording foot;
- piping foot;
- beading foot.
KL24 thread recommendations:
If you do not have an overlock thread, then we recommend purchasing them with the machine. For home use, we recommend using a scheme where you can use ordinary sewing thread on the needles (a spool with a volume of 200-1000m, the thread gives additional strength to the seam) and only overlock thread on the loopers (usually a bobbin size of 5000m). The thread on the loopers is consumed quickly, whether the seam is soft or rough depends on the thickness. Incorrect thread thickness puts additional stress on the machine and subsequently causes the machine to malfunction or break down. And therefore, you need to use a thin overlock thread on the loopers. Do not use looper thread if: 1) too thick; 2) uneven thickness - you will see it with your eyes and feel unevenness to the touch; 3) thread that twists when sewing. The thread on the left side will be seen on the right side of the fabric when sewing.
If you're unsure if your choice of thread is suitable for an overlock, try breaking the 4-thread bundle at once. If it does not break or it was difficult, then it will be a also difficult for the machine, such threads will be unsuitable.